Please be advised that this year’s application window for the MSD Animal Health Veterinary Surgeon Bursaries will close on 30th November 2021. MSD Animal Health can award up to two bursaries of up to £4000 each towards a ruminant research project relevant to any of the following subject areas:
- Studies to investigate benefits incurred on farms resulting from prevention strategies for endemic infectious disease in youngstock, sheep or cattle, ruminant vaccination programmes or sealant use.
- Studies to investigate farmer attitudes/behaviours towards prevention strategies for endemic infectious disease in youngstock, sheep or cattle, vaccination programmes or sealant use.
-Young stock health and management, particularly with respect to the effects of BRD & scour and their prevention
– Adult endemic infectious disease (e.g. IBR, Leptospirosis, BVD, Salmonellosis): effects on productivity & prevention
– Mastitis prevention, particularly with respect to use of sealants and dry period management
– Abortion: effects on farm productivity & prevention
– Effects of clostridial and pasteurella infection on farm & prevention
– Effects of orf & prevention
– Effects of infectious lameness & prevention