Animal Health and Welfare Review Launched, will open later today (7th February).
The launch of the Animal Health and Welfare Pathway (AHWP). The Animal Health and Welfare Pathway is a long-term, project partnership, co-designed by government and industry, across cattle, sheep, pig and poultry sectors to support continual improvement in health and welfare.
We’re delighted to be able to share the news that the Annual Health and Welfare Review is now open to all eligible keepers. This represents a major milestone in the roll out of the Animal Health and Welfare Pathway and the culmination of a considerable amount of work with you and all our co-design partners. To help us all promote the review and encourage eligible farmers to take their first step on the Pathway we wanted to provide you with links to a set of key resources for sharing across your networks.
- The guidance for farmers which explain the eligibility criteria and what a review consists of can be found here.
- The gov.uk page that farmers need to visit to register their interest in the review can be found here.
- A step-by-step instructional videos for farmers covering how to register an interest, apply for a review and claim the funding can be seen here.
- The guidance for vets on how to carry out a review can be found here.
- The guidance for vets on how to carry out the relevant endemic disease or conditions testing for a review can be found here.
To mark the launch of the review Stewart Houston, chair of the Pathway Liaison Group, has written a piece for the Future Farming blog sharing his reflections on the review and what a farmer stands to gain from taking part. You can read that here.
For further information, please see: