The NSA continues to campaign to support responsible dog ownership, to protect our members livelihoods, to reduce stress and anxiety and are looking for your support.
- 50% Increased costs of sheep worrying in 2021 New figures show huge rise in cost of dog attacks on livestock (nfuonline.com)
- 67% of respondents have witnessed an increase in attacks during the Covid-19 pandemic Survey Results | Dog Owners | National Sheep Association
- The lack of clarity in the Country Code in defining “under close control” puts farmers and dog owners in a difficult, potentially conflicting position.
- There is very little to contained in the Animal Welfare (Kept Animals) Bill to prevent the number of incidents in the first instance, that are increasing year-on-year
- There are significant and very welcome improvements to support the police and rural crime teams, but after an offence of livestock worrying has occurred.